Eat your way around Budapest! A foodie revolution has swept through the city in recent years and brought with it Michelin-starred gourmet restaurants, reinvented market halls, street vendors, elegant cafes, and quirky food trucks.
On this tour, you get a perfect few hours of eating with the help of a knowledgeable local guide. You will enjoy up to eight to 10 food tastings, learn a little about Hungarian history, traditions, and culture along the way, and head off the beaten path to local eateries and shops not frequented by regular tourists.
Your tour begins at the tour office with a chilled, chocolate-covered túró rudi' dessert, followed by stops at the Belvárosi Piac food market, downtown food market hall of Hold Utca (not to be confused with the Central Market Hall), a local butcher shop, cheese shop, traditional restaurants, and a neighbourhood pub for a taste of locally made artisanal beers. There’s a little something for everyone!
Tastings may vary, but samples might include:
- Hungarian cheese specialities
- Selection of Hungarian salamis (including deer)
- Lángos (fried Hungarian flat bread)
- Kolbász and hurka (sausages and pickled vegetables)
- Goulash served in a mini bread loaf
- Túró Rudi (chilled chocolate covered dessert)
- Kürtőskalács (sweet dough pastry covered in sugar)
- Flódni (Jewish-Hungarian cake with four different fillings)
- Variety of craft beers and home-made lemonade
We reserve the right to offer different samples without prior notice. Vegetarian option on request.